Re: first package questions (salsa repo in personal or team, debian/control maintainers, expected failing unit tests)

Hi,

I've investigated a bit more and found where I was confused.

TL;DR: I'm deleting the non-needed workaround and found where things are
happening.

On 05 Oct 2023 at 16:36:17, Andrey Rakhmatullin wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 03, 2023 at 11:52:58PM +0100, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
> > > upstream tests. Though I think it won't see your explicit `pytest -k` and
> > > you should replace the override with a PYBUILD_TEST_ARGS var.
> >
> > Done this way:
> > https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/packages/python-cloudscraper/-/commit/78a83fbb0fe5fdfba78136921b919a11c8c9bc43
> Now you don't need to override dh_auto_test, it should call pytest with
> correct args automatically.
>
> > pytest, as run automatically when having "Testsuite:
> > autopkgtest-pkg-pybuild": runs in the directory
> > "/tmp/autopkgtest-lxc.u3g8w1m_/downtmp/autopkgtest_tmp/build" doing
> > "python3.11 -m pytest -k ...".
> >
> > The contents of the directory via "ls -l" can be seen here:
> > https://salsa.debian.org/carlespina/python-cloudscraper/-/jobs/4766353#L357)
> This gives 404.
>
> > Because there is the sub-directory
> > /tmp/autopkgtest-lxc.u3g8w1m_/downtmp/autopkgtest_tmp/build/cloudscraper
> It shouldn't be there.

They are not there if using all the automatic way. I was using at some
point a manual invocation of pytest and then things are not as nice :-)

So, using the automatic (generated via autodep8, etc.)...:

autodep8 generates:
----
Test-Command: pybuild-autopkgtest
Depends: @, pybuild-plugin-autopkgtest, @builddeps@,
Restrictions: allow-stderr, skippable,
Features: test-name=pybuild-autopkgtest
----

man pybuild-autopkgtest(1):
----
pybuild-autopkgtest  will run the tests in exactly the same way as pybuild will dur‐
ing the build, with the exception that the tests are not run in the build directory.
The  test  files  are  copied  to  a temporary directory, so that the tests will run
against the installed Python modules, and not against anything in the source tree.
----

And yes, it happens in /usr/share/dh-python/dhpython/build/base.py

So, all good as long as pybuild-autopkgtest is used (and not pytest
invoked manually).

I'm happy deleting the d/rules workaround.

Carles Pina i Estany
https://carles.pina.cat