Re: RFS: filecheck

Hi!

Thanks for reviewing my package!

On Tue, Oct 10, 2023 at 3:51 AM Emmanuel Arias <eamanu@yaerobi.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 09, 2023 at 02:46:36PM -0300, Emmanuel Arias wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > On Sat, Oct 07, 2023 at 09:34:43PM +0800, Bo YU wrote:
> > > Hi team!
> > >
> > > Due to rfs bot maybe not work on debian-python irc, So I am seeking help
> > > to review/upload my new python package:
> > >
> > > https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/packages/filecheck
> > >
> > > TIA.
> > To avoid duplicated work from another team member, I mention here, I'm
> > going to review this package.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Emmanuel
>
> Hi!,
>
> Me again.
>
> I leave you some comments regarding to FileCheck
>
> * Binary package suggests install the docs package, but is not in
>   d/control.
Done. Here the ideal situation should be a docs package on there, but if we use
sphinx-build to build its doc, there is one guzzle_sphinx_theme does
not in Debian.
So I package its manpage to binary package.

> * Package should depends on python3-poetry-core instead of python3-poetry
Done.

> * d/copyright: upstream does not specify a range of date 2019-2023, only in
>   docs/conf.py the copyright says 2019.
Yeah, although there are only one file flaged its date on 2019, but
how to judge the
whole project copyright date range? I just follow its the first commit:

https://github.com/mull-project/FileCheck.py/commits/main?after=195aa1527a2572b4697ae0d5c604f0baceba805c+419&branch=main&qualified_name=refs%2Fheads%2Fmain

Not sure this is right.

> * The package synopsis should not finished with a period. Please remove it.
Sorry, I am not very clear about here. Do you mean here:
https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/packages/filecheck/-/blob/debian/main/debian/control#L30
If yes, I think the synopsis solution should be more robust here.
Because it saves more space than
specially descriptions.

please let me know if there is not true.

> * The binary package should not be python3-filecheck?
You hint me here. So I spilted the origin package into python3 library
package and
its binary tool binary. this should be working.

I have updated the package on salsa:
https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/packages/filecheck

Thanks again for reviewing the package!

BR,