Re: review for pipenv/2022.10.12-1

On Wed, 26 Oct 2022 17:29:59 +0300
Ileana Dumitrescu <ileanadumitrescu95@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for the feedback! I made changes as you suggested. There
> is a new upstream version that I also included in the new package.

Great! The copyright stuff is a chore on packages like this, so
thanks alot for seeing that through.

> Reading debian package policy I noticed that removing files from a
> tarball for a repack (as Bastian suggested in bug #1019714) should
> require a +ds suffix, so I packaged the new version with
> 2022.10.25+ds-1. Please let me know if I did this incorrectly or if
> this should not be done for this package.

Indeed, a repacksuffix is used to indicate changes were made to an
upstream release so that's perfectly fine this way. Typically, +dfsg
is used to signal the source was repacked for DFSG compliance reasons
and +ds when repacking for some other reason.

I did just notice the upstream release contains several other files
worth considering for removal: a bunch of windows executables [1].

> > + E: pipenv: python-traceback-in-manpage is a false positive,
>     please override.
>
> This did not show up in lintian with the new upstream version.

It seems they revamped the manpage, although the new one also earns a
lintian hit [1], this time about a bad (missing?) 'whatis' entry.

Lintian seems to think the source for some html file is missing, but
at first glance that hit may well be a false positive triggered by
some bits of javascript.

Unrelated to any of the above, I pushed some minor changes and
enabled the CI on salsa.

[1]https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/packages/pipenv/-/jobs/3434663