Re: review for pipenv/2022.10.12-1

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback! I made changes as you suggested. There is
a new upstream version that I also included in the new package. New
updates are in salsa, and I will put a RFS on the IRC channel.

Reading debian package policy I noticed that removing files from a
tarball for a repack (as Bastian suggested in bug #1019714) should
require a +ds suffix, so I packaged the new version with
2022.10.25+ds-1. Please let me know if I did this incorrectly or if
this should not be done for this package.

> + E: pipenv: python-traceback-in-manpage is a false positive,
    please override.

This did not show up in lintian with the new upstream version.

> PS: I'm kind of surprised a package with this amount of vendoring
> managed to survive the ftp masters' review. Apparently, sometimes
> miracles do happen.

I totally agree. This package is quite a mess to deal with. Hopefully
future upstream versions do not keep changing the vendor files,
otherwise the licensing will continue to be a nightmare. I will
continue to monitor pipenv as they are releasing new upstreams quite
frequently.

Ileana Dumitrescu

GPG Public Key: FA26 CA78 4BE1 8892 7F22 B99F 6570 EA01 146F 7354