Re: How should learning to program in Python be approached, if learning objectives are sought to be customised?

Hi Rajib,

I’d recommend “Python crash course” by Eric Mathes, if you like learning using books. Gives good explanation of the basics, lists a few sample projects, all code is available on GitHub.
I find the best beginner friendly tutorials on particular tasks/packages are the ones by Corey Schafer on YouTube.

Eclipse actually has a very good extension for Python called Pydev, so you might try that once you’re familiar with the interface, however PyCharm is a great choice too.

One personal recommendation is that before starting pip installing Python packages on your machine directly, go through virtual environments and start using them, it will save you from a lot of issues should you need to use different versions of a package or even Python (eg 2.7 vs 3.8).

I hope you find this helpful and the best of luck with your Python journey!

Balazs

Отправлено с iPhone