Re: .egg-info for entry points during dh_auto_test

Hi Michael!

On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 08:55:51PM +0200, Michael Fladischer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on src:pytest-lazy-fixtures and was trying to get the unittests
> to run but it seems that I have run into a problem that I'm not sure on how
> to fix it in a clean way.
>
> pytest-lazy-fixtures is a pytest plugin and registers itself through the
> Python entrypoints mechanism. In its unitests, it assumes that this
> registration has already happened but during dh_auto_test there is no
> .egg-info directory available. I could use "python3 setup.py develop -x" to
> generate it, but this registers the package in /usr inside the build chroot
> which I think is not the best solution.
>
> Is there an other, less intrusive way to register the entrypoint before
> running the tests?

I am a bit late, but nobody in this thread mentioned debian/pybuild.testfiles.

It is a list of files or directories that pybuild will copy to its build
directory before running the tests, and delete after running them.

If you have *.egg-info in the orig tarball, just add that file (and the tests
directory itself) to debian/pybuild.testfiles.

If no, also add this line to debian/rules:

export PYBUILD_BEFORE_TEST={interpreter} setup.py egg_info

Example package where I am doing this is pybtex-docutils.

--
Dmitry Shachnev