Re: platform.machine() on salsa i386 build?

Hi Nilesh, Andrey,

Nilesh Patra <nilesh@nileshpatra.info> writes:
> On 10/30/21 5:50 PM, Ole Streicher wrote:
>> Hi,
>> https://salsa.debian.org/debian-astro-team/pyraf/-/jobs/2130878#L2062
>> How can one find out the correct machine here?
>
> I just committed something to salsa -- sort of a hack, but it works
> (i386 pipeline passes). I do this
> for one of my other package as well. Please consider taking a look.

Thank you, but I think I will not use it: This requires dpkg-dev (which
is the package with dpkg-architecture) being installed, which I would
not like to depend on just to have the possibility to test.

I will rather follow Stefanos hint to use sys.implementation._multiarch,
which is however hackish as well, since variables starting with "_"
should not considered as part of the API, and this may break without
warning.

Optimal would be a way to detect whether the internal floating point
processing happens with 80 bit FPU registers (i386) or 64 bit FPU
registers (other systems), since this is the relevant difference here.

Best regards

Ole