Re: .egg-info for entry points during dh_auto_test

Hi Dmitry,

Am 30.10.2021 um 22:04 schrieb Dmitry Shachnev:
I am a bit late, but nobody in this thread mentioned debian/pybuild.testfiles.

It is a list of files or directories that pybuild will copy to its build
directory before running the tests, and delete after running them.

If you have *.egg-info in the orig tarball, just add that file (and the tests
directory itself) to debian/pybuild.testfiles.

thanks, I wasn't aware of this, I'll use it instead of PYBUILD_(BEFORE|AFTER)_TEST to copy test assets into place.

If no, also add this line to debian/rules:

export PYBUILD_BEFORE_TEST={interpreter} setup.py egg_info

That seems like the best/most elegant solution to me. Thanks for sharing! So d/pybuild.testfiles is taken into account after PYBUILD_BEFORE_TEST?

Regards,
Michael