Re: upstream python concerns, python3-full package for bullseye

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 11:08:14AM +0200, Tristan Seligmann wrote:
> I wanted to point out that this follows the pattern set by the many other
> *-full packages in Debian, such as ruby-full.

Perhaps python3-core would be more appropriate, and python3-full can be
left for something even bigger.

Some examples:

collectd-core - statistics collection and monitoring daemon (core system)
gnome-core - GNOME Desktop Environment -- essential components
nginx-core - nginx web/proxy server (standard version)
ros-core - Robot OS core metapackage
syslog-ng-core - Enhanced system logging daemon (core)
xserver-xorg-core - Xorg X server - core server

--
Valentin