Re: How to package my python module ?

Hi,

On 18-03-16 17:16:23, 慕冬亮 wrote:
> after I read the material Ben sent to me, I have a understanding of
> the whole process.
>
> At first, I need to package my python module as a Debian package.
>
> Second, I need to find one sponsor to upload my package to the Debian
> software repository(for now I don't have the privilege);
>
> Finally, after I am able to handle this procedure and believed by
> sponsor, maybe I could get limited upload privilege.

It might need some time up until you become a DM to be able to upload
packages on your own, but in general, the above is correct.

> I have registered in the mentors website and uploaded my GPG key. Now
> it comes to one problem - how do I package my python module?

Great!

> For the materials about packaging a debian package, it is related one
> general debian package. Is there document about how to package
> one python module? Or find one debian package which is also python
> module and borrow some experience from it?

Have a look into the git repositories of other Python packages [1].
Also, these wiki articles [2] [3] might be worth a read.

All the best,
cheers,
Georg

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/modules