Re: Move to salsa? Merge modules and apps team?

Hi Ożarowski,

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 10:09:42AM +0100, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:
> > If you ask me at least cython should go to Python Modules team.  Its
> > not really just a random Python application and strongly connected
> > to several Python modules.
>
> Cython is a library. I don't care what the description says, if there
> are other libraries or applications that import it (and thus it has to
> go into dist-packages/) - it's a library from my POV (as we HAVE TO
> treat it as a library in the toolchain, transitions, ...)

Fine - so why it is maintained by the apps team?

> > I see other applications in python-apps that are for no reason there.
> > We have no team C-apps or Perl-apps or ... LanguageX-apps.  These are
>
> "others do it differently" never was and hopefully never will be a valid
> argument for me. "Others achieve this and that thanks to doing it this
> way" might.

I did not wanted to use it as an argument.  However, there is also no
argument to have python-apps team at least there is no visible team for
me - just some "random apps that by chance are written in python".

> > just random applications and could go to collab-maint (where the
> > Git maintained packages of Python-apps team reside anyway).
>
> please point me to them so that I can NMU them removing team from
> debian/control

PGPASSWORD="public-udd-mirror" psql --host=public-udd-mirror.xvm.mit.edu --username=public-udd-mirror udd -c "select distinct source, vcs_type, vcs_browser from sources where maintainer_email='python-apps-team@lists.alioth.debian.org' and release = 'sid' and vcs_type = 'Git' order by source;"
        source         | vcs_type |                                 vcs_browser
-----------------------+----------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 cppman                | Git      | https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/cppman.git
 ctop                  | Git      | https://anonscm.debian.org/git/collab-maint/ctop.git
 dodgy                 | Git      | https://anonscm.debian.org/git/collab-maint/dodgy.git
 httpcode              | Git      | https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/httpcode.git
 kanboard-cli          | Git      | https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/kanboard-cli.git
 prospector            | Git      | https://anonscm.debian.org/git/collab-maint/prospector.git
 pydocstyle            | Git      | https://anonscm.debian.org/git/collab-maint/pydocstyle.git
 pyp                   | Git      | https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/pyp.git
 pypass                | Git      | https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/pypass.git
 sen                   | Git      | https://anonscm.debian.org/git/collab-maint/sen.git
 trac-announcer        | Git      | http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/trac-announcer.git
 trac-customfieldadmin | Git      | https://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/trac-customfieldadmin.git
 trac-diavisview       | Git      | https://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/trac-diavisview.git
 trac-httpauth         | Git      | https://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/trac-httpauth.git
 trac-jsgantt          | Git      | https://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/trac-jsgantt.git
 trac-privatewiki      | Git      | http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/trac-privatewiki.git
 trac-subcomponents    | Git      | http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/trac-subcomponents.git
 trac-wikiprint        | Git      | https://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/trac-wikiprint.git
 trac-xmlrpc           | Git      | https://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/trac-xmlrpc.git
 voltron               | Git      | https://anonscm.debian.org/git/collab-maint/voltron.git
 vulture               | Git      | https://anonscm.debian.org/git/collab-maint/vulture.git
 zktop                 | Git      | https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/zktop.git
(22 rows)

Hope this helps

      Andreas.

PS: if you drop "and vcs_type = 'Git'" you also get the remaining ones in SVN which
might need even more care - but your question was targeting at my remark about those
in collab-maint.

--
http://fam-tille.de