Re: Move to salsa? Merge modules and apps team?

[W. Martin Borgert, 2018-02-07]
> how about moving the Python team(s) to salsa?

that's the natural place to move from alioth for both teams.
PAPT's repos will also have to be converted from svn to git.
All we need is a volunteer who will prepare it and supervise the
process.

> And how about merging the modules and apps teams into one?

I don't understand this, though. Why you want to merge them?
Sure, packaging Python applications is very similar to packaging
libraries but the difference is very significant - unfortunately many
application maintainers don't know or care about it and pollute global
Python namespace with private libraries.

If not separated at team level, I definitely want to have them somehow
separated at repository level so that it's clear which package is which
type or to easily checkout libraries only.

The only advantage I can see is less hassle with join requests, but
I don't think it's a big problem (you have to join once).

I also have a feeling the more packages (team members?) we have, the
less people care about packages without their name in
Maintainer/Uploaders fields (even those who did team-wide changes in the
past are not so active now, including myself) and the team name should
be changed to collab-maint-2 or collab-maint-py.

> Moving git packages (modules team) is very easy using
> import.sh from https://salsa.debian.org/mehdi/salsa-scripts.git

looks like it takes only one repo at a time
--
GPG: 1D2F A898 58DA AF62 1786 2DF7 AEF6 F1A2 A745 7645