Re: a few quick questions on gbp pq workflow

On August 6, 2017 5:24:59 PM EDT, Ondrej Novy <novy@ondrej.org> wrote:
>Hi,

>> Why would you need to repack a tarball just because it contains
>> prebuilt docs (non-DFSG-free licensed documentation aside)? I'm all
>>

>Lintian considers this as "bug": https://lintian.debian.
>org/tags/source-contains-prebuilt-sphinx-documentation.html
>(pedantic, I know).

Not all things linitian tags are bugs.  This is only a bug if the documentation can't be rebuilt from Debian Main.

Linitian is a tool to help maintainers.  Don't just blindly "fix" things on linitian's say so.  At most the is a hint to make sure that the documentation can be rebuilt.

Scott K