Re: a few quick questions on gbp pq workflow

On 2017-08-06 10:44:36 -0400 (-0400), Allison Randal wrote:
> The OpenStack packaging team has been sprinting at DebCamp, and
> we're finally ready to move all general Python dependencies for
> OpenStack over to DPMT. (We'll keep maintaining them, just within
> DPMT using the DPMT workflow.)
>
> After chatting with tumbleweed, the current suggestion is that we
> should migrate the packages straight into gbp pq instead of making
> an intermediate stop with git-dpm.
[...]

More a personal curiosity on my part (I'm now a little disappointed
that I didn't make time to attend), but are you planning to leverage
pristine tarballs as part of this workflow shift so you can take
advantage of the version details set in the sdist metadata and the
detached OpenPGP signatures provided upstream? Or are you sticking
with operating on a local fork of upstream Git repositories (and
generating intermediate sdists on the fly or supplying version data
directly from the environment via debian/rules)?

I'm eager to see what upstream release management features you're
taking advantage of so we can better know which of those efforts are
valuable to distro package maintainers.
--
Jeremy Stanley