Re: a few quick questions on gbp pq workflow

Hi,

I don't work on the OpenStack packages, but I do maintain a reasonable number of Python packages.  I always work from the released tarball.  I haven't added the keys yet to verify all my packages, but am gradually doing so as I have time.

I know some people like working from the upstream git (and the team maintenance workflow allows for either), but I definitely prefer working from the upstream tarballs and appreciate the effort that goes into producing them.

It's not always possible/simple/nice to use sdist, because it contains prebuild docs. And I don't like to do +dfsg rebuild just for removing docs. Sometimes sdists doesn't contain tests.

So my preference is:
  • use sdist if it's possible (have tests, don't have prebuilds, ...)
  • use git tag tarballs (https://github.com/<group>/<projects>/tags)
I already migrated few packages OS->DPMT so far.

--
Best regards
 Ondřej Nový

Email: novy@ondrej.org
PGP: 3D98 3C52 EB85 980C 46A5  6090 3573 1255 9D1E 064B