Re: Fwd: next version of csvkit

Brian May <brian@linuxpenguins.xyz> writes:

>  I just noticed that Ubuntu plan to drop Python 2.7 completely - from
> default installs at least

That's a pretty important modifier!

Ubuntu does not yet plan to drop Python 2.7 completely. Rather, the
current plan is to ensure no *dependencies on* Python 2.7 in the default
installs.

It's the reverse dependencies that are being targeted; not Python 2.7
itself.

So, similar to what we Debian Python folk are striving to do: no plan to
drop Python 2.7, instead working on the reverse dependencies.

--
 \        “Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent |
  `\            with one's own opinion.” —Ambrose Bierce, _The Devil's |