Re: Moving off of git-dpm (Re: git-dpm breakage src:faker)

kuLa <kula@kulisz.net> writes:

> dgit indeed is using it's own repos:
> https://browse.dgit.debian.org/
> git.dgit.debian.org

The way I understand it is that dgit is simply a replacement for the
upload operation. To implement this with the required checks, it is
recommended (but not required) that you use its build operation.

Instead of using "dput" or similar, you use "dgit push". This checks the
most recent build and makes sure it was built correctly from git HEAD,
and then uploads the build to debian *and* the source to
git.dgit.debian.org

Apart from build and upload there are no other changes to standard
git-dpm or gbp pq procedures.

This provides one key benefit for us, we can be reasonably confident
that the upload corresponds with a published git source.

As an example of an existing dgit package with multiple patches, have a
look at Samba: https://browse.dgit.debian.org/samba.git/tree/debian/patches

Having said that, it looks like the server might be having problems at
the moment, I can't clone any packages.

[brian:/tmp] % dgit clone samba
canonical suite name for unstable is sid
fetching existing git history
remote: fatal: Out of memory, calloc failed
remote: aborting due to possible repository corruption on the remote side.
fatal: protocol error: bad pack header
dgit: failed command: git fetch -p -n -q https://git.dgit.debian.org/samba '+refs/tags/archive/debian/*:refs/dgit-fetch/debian/tags/archive/debian/*' '+refs/tags/debian/*:refs/dgit-fetch/debian/tags/debian/*' '+refs/dgit/sid:refs/dgit-fetch/debian/dgit/sid'
dgit: subprocess failed with error exit status 128
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>