Re: Moving off of git-dpm (Re: git-dpm breakage src:faker)

Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus@rath.org> writes:

> But it seems to me that you are contemplating whether or not the team
> should be using dgit. This is also not a decision that needs to be made
> prior to any switch away from dgit-dpm, you can start using dgit at any
> point.

My vague understanding is that dgit complements the workflow, whatever
workflow you may want - including git-dpm and pq. Hence I was surprised
and confused when people said it only supported the single patch model -
I don't think this is correct.

My attempt to build a package (in this case pq based) was less then
successful. Possibly because I am not awake.

[brian:~/tree … modules/factory-boy] master 255 ± dgit --gbp --clean=git sbuild --verbose
Format `3.0 (quilt)', need to check/update patch stack
examining quilt state (multiple patches, gbp mode)
dgit: split brain (separate dgit view) may be needed (--quilt=gbp).
dgit: base trees orig=3b9eaf2cb2a9245a1c10 o+d/p=6f1d04c157a8cd0a7eea
dgit: quilt differences: src:  ## orig ##     gitignores:  == orig ==
dgit: quilt differences:      HEAD ## o+d/p               HEAD == o+d/p
dgit: --quilt=gbp specified, implying patches-unapplied git tree
dgit:  but git tree differs from orig in upstream files.

This error puzzles me, to me it seems to be saying there is a mismatch
between git with patches unapplied and the *.orig.tar.gz file - however
I don't think this is the case.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>