Re: Adopting factory-boy

On 12/05/16 15:14, Thomas Goirand wrote:
On 05/12/2016 10:13 AM, Christopher Baines wrote:
On 12/05/16 07:57, Thomas Goirand wrote:
On 05/11/2016 02:31 PM, Christopher Baines wrote:
On 11/05/16 13:19, Thomas Goirand wrote:
On 05/11/2016 11:31 AM, Christopher Baines wrote:
On 23/12/15 15:30, Christopher Baines wrote:
On 23/12/15 11:31, Thomas Goirand wrote:
I was the maintainer of this package, though I lost interest for it
because there's no reverse dependency for it.

Thanks for packaging it :)

If you want to continue maintaining it within the OpenStack PKG team,
you can do it as well. Though we're not using git-dpm, and rather a git
tag workflow, you're still free to use whatever workflow you want there,
as long as the package is well maintained.

If you need sponsoring for this package, I can review it and upload it
for you.

Great, thanks for the offer. I think I'll have to wait a couple of weeks
to see where things are for packaging this. There is at least one new
dependency for the latest release (python-fake-factory), I have packaged
that, but the tests currently don't pass. Once there is a release for
python-fake-factory, for which the tests pass, and that has been
uploaded to Debian, I'll get around to looking at factory-boy again.

Its been quite a few weeks, but the above is now done. The missing
dependency (python-fake-factory) is now in Debian, and I have updated
factory-boy to the latest upstream version [1].

Are you still open to sponsoring this zigo? I have just filled in the
alioth form to become a member of the OpenStack team.

1: http://git.cbaines.net/factory-boy/

Hi,

I added you as a member of the team. Let me know when I should sponsor
the package.

Great, I have pushed the changes to the repository and it is ready for
you to review.

Hi,

Please join #debian-openstack-commits to see the build results.
Currently, the package FTBFS in Jessie's chroot:

https://mitaka-jessie.pkgs.mirantis.com/job/factory-boy/5/console

The type of error you're seeing is most of the time due to the fact you
didn't push the upstream tags to Git.

Ok, the script in use there was not using the correct tag (it was
missing a leading "v"), but this is now fixed by modifying GIT_TAG in
the debian/rules makefile.

However, the package still fails, as fake-factory is not available in
Jessie.

Hi,

I added fake-factory as backport in that Jenkins server, and now it
builds fine.

In your Git log, I can read:

     * Add myself to Uploaders
     * Add build dependencies on fake-factory and python-ipaddress
     * Bump Standards-Version to 3.9.8 (no changes required)
     * Change the gbp.conf upstream-tag to include the v prefix, as this
       makes git-buildpackage able to find the tags

None of this appeared in the debian/changelog. I added them, pushed them
to the git, built and upload. Next time, please document all of your
packaging changes in debian/changelog.

Ah yeah, sorry about the changelog, and thanks for uploading it :)