Re: Packaging Grip

On Apr 06, 2016, at 11:48 PM, Scott Kitterman wrote:

>In my opinion either can be correct depending on the primary purpose of the
>package.

I think that's true; take it on a case-by-case basis.

In general, I like having a separate binary package for the /usr/bin script
because it can be more easily discovered and because it can avoid confusion on
library package naming.  IOW, 'python-foo' is a library, not usually expecting
it to contain a /usr/bin.

As for entry points, I also like to use setuptools eps by default if they
work.  I had to ship a non-ep /usr/bin/pip because of bootstrapping issues.

-Barry