Re: Pushing a bunch of packages to jessie-backports

On 11/23/2015 12:34 PM, Daniele Tricoli wrote:
> Hello Thomas,
>
> On Monday, November 23, 2015 09:20:40 AM Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> If you maintain one of the above packages and want to manage the bpo
>> upload yourself, please let me know ASAP.
>
> Thanks for backporting python-urllib3 and requests. If you did not have to
> make changes on the packaging to please go ahead, otherwise a debdiff will be
> very appreciated! :)
>
> Please also consider that currently python-etcd is broken by the unbundling
> logic and we are working on it with upstream:
>
>     https://github.com/kennethreitz/requests/issues/2870
>
> My plan was to backport requests when we was sure that unbundling logic was
> completely fine, but python-etcd is not in Jessie so we should not have
> problems right now.
>
> Anyway I will backport requests again when upstream issue 2870 will be fixed.
>
> Kind regards,

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

If you can maintain a backport requests & urllib3 yourself, that's
perfect. This is exactly the type of reaction I was expecting from
package maintainers, and it's a lot more positive than the reaction from
Piotr.

So let's do what you suggested: if I don't see your package in
jessie-backports, I'll upload, and then you can take over as it pleases you.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)