Re: git instead of svn in DPMT policy

[IOhannes m zmölnig (Debian/GNU), 2015-10-17]
> since you have already mentioned this a few times: how about changing
> the policy then, to clearly state that we use GIT only?

yeah, how about changing it? So many people complain about SVN and
when it comes to do the actual work only one or two stepped up (the ones
that weren't complaining, BTW).

How about someone else, especially those who were so eager to move to git,
volunteer some time and prepare changes in policy?

> as you haven't done that yet, i guess there is some catch; but since i
> only joined the team a few months ago i might have missed that.
> (might be that the catch is simply one of priviliges to modify the policy)

the catch is it takes longer than writing an email

I moved policy.rst to python-modules.git repo (it was available to edit
by every team member in SVN as well). It's not OK to edit it and push it
without having a discussion here (on this mailing list) first, though.
--
evil general Piotr