Re: team vs individual as maintainer (was: radical changes)

On Oct 07, 2015, at 02:33 PM, W. Martin Borgert wrote:

>Quoting Piotr Ożarowski <piotr@debian.org>:
>> I assume you all like other ideas, like no team in Maintainer, right?
>
>To me, "team maintenance" would mean, that the team appears in the
>"Maintainer" field. In "Uploaders" it doesn't make sense, so where
>would the team appear?
>
>Personally, I prefer to have the team in "Maintainer" to encourage
>others to intervent.
>
>How about leaving it as is? I.e. people in the team decide what is
>more appropriate for a package?

I agree.  I think the recently restated way of interpreting those two fields
made the most sense to me, and gives team members the choice of how to handle
those packages.

* Team in Maintainers is a strong statement that fully collaborative
  maintenance is preferred.  Anyone can commit to the vcs and upload as
  needed.  A courtesy email to Uploaders can be nice but not required.

* Team in Uploaders is a weak statement of collaboration.  Help in maintaining
  the package is appreciated, commits to vcs are freely welcomed, but before
  uploading, please contact the Maintainer for the green light.

Cheers,
-Barry