Re: Git migration schedule

On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 12:18:20PM +1100, Ben Finney wrote:
> Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au> writes:
>
> > On Fri, 9 Oct 2015 at 19:26 Stefano Rivera <stefanor@debian.org> wrote:
> >

> > > Here:
> > > https://wiki.debian.org/Python/GitPackaging#Where_do_the_team.27s_git_branches_live.3F
> >
> > I seem to have problems with this because my username on my local box is
> > "brian" however my username on git.debian.org is "bam". There doesn't
> > appear to be an easy way of overriding it.
>
> You need to specify which username to connect to over SSH. I have
> updated the Wiki page above to clarify this.
>
> Now that you already have the remote configured, you can re-configure it
> with:
>
>     $ git remote set-url origin git+ssh://USERNAME@git.debian.org/git/python-modules/tools/python-modules.git
>
> where “origin” is the name of the remote, and “USERNAME” is your Alioth
> username.

You can also add a snipped like mine to ~/.ssh/config:

Host alioth svn.debian.org git.debian.org bzr.debian.org hg.debian.org darcs.debian.org arch.debian.org anonscm.debian.org
    HostName alioth.debian.org
    User mapreri-guest

so you avoid fiddling with every git remote.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

more about me:  http://mapreri.org                              : :'  :