Re: Python 3.4 and ensurepip (rehashed, long)

On Mar 21, 2014, at 02:28 PM, Matthias Klose wrote:

>  - whether to use python3-pip or a freshly downloaded pip.  When using
>    pip to install for the system python3, maybe try to use the shipped
>    python3-pip.  I have no opinion if another pip is downloaded and
>    installed into for environments created by venv or virtualenv.  Some
>    package builds use virtual environments, but the population of these
>    has to be satisfied by package build dependencies anyway.

In general, I'd like to use the Debian package pip/setuptools for installation
into system locations, and I am okay with using bundled pip/setuptools for
installation into virtualenvs.  I think that's pretty much the current state
of affairs anyway, except for pyvenv.

Cheers,
-Barry