Re: Compiled C modules are not found by test suite (Was: Help needed for python-biopython which splits up modules into two packages per Python version)

Hi,

   I tried the first solution and did not see a difference in tests:
both times, 223 tests were run successfully.  I’d like to reproduce
the errors you mention to be sure that any change I make is actually
a fix.

I guess this is the solution since if the C modules are not found the
test is just skipped (and does not fail).

I expected to see fewer tests run when the C modules are found. I was not able to find one example test that runs if a C module is found and skipped if not.

If you could provide this very patch I'd be really glad.

Run “python build_ext --inplace build test” for tests, “python install” to copy all files to the debian/tmp/etc directory. This will avoid the other bug I mention (http://bugs.python.org/issue5977#msg213606).

I did not use the debian/rules makefile, but modifying line 45 to add “build_ext --inplace build” before “test” should do the trick.

(Putting the option in a setup.cfg file as I initially advised would cause the error I alluded to when running “setup.py install”.)

Cheers