Compiled C modules are not found by test suite (Was: Help needed for python-biopython which splits up modules into two packages per Python version)

Hi again

On Tue, Mar 04, 2014 at 07:18:08PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > you can force pybuild to move BioSQL files to a different location
> > (hint: --ext-dest-dir & --ext-pattern or equivalent PYBUILD_* vars)
> > but IMO it's cleaner to use *.install files for that
>
> Hmmm, you say *.install files are cleaner - but this exactly is my
> problem since the *.install files do a really bad job in this case and
> mix up the Python versions.  I do not have the slightest idea why.

Besides that the mysterious riddle why the python2 modules all end
up in the python3 packages and vice versa is not solved yet and I
have no idea why this happens since this

$ grep Bio debian/*.install
debian/python3-biopython.install:usr/lib/python3*/*-packages/Bio
debian/python3-biopython-sql.install:usr/lib/python3*/*-packages/BioSQL
debian/python-biopython.install:usr/lib/python[^3]*/*-packages/Bio
debian/python-biopython-sql.install:usr/lib/python[^3]*/*-packages/BioSQL

seems to me the correct way to get files in the proper location (please
correct me if I'm wrong) I have noted another problem:  I worked a bit
on the tests and noticed that those tests that are including compiled C
code are failing.  Is there anything in addition I need to do to make
the C object code visible to the Python modules?

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de