Re: Help with packaging of python executable and its modules

[Andreas Tille, 2014-02-07]
> On Fri, Feb 07, 2014 at 02:41:10PM +0100, Julian Taylor wrote:
> > I assume this is a python application and not a library?
>
> It is an application including some private modules which I like to be
> compiled into *.pyc.

please install to /usr/share/package-name/ both the library and the
scripts, then symlink these scripts to /usr/bin - this way you will not
have to patch anything.

(use /usr/lib/package-name/ if it contains arch-dep. files)