Re: Help with packaging of python executable and its modules

Piotr Ożarowski <piotr@debian.org> writes:

> [Andreas Tille, 2014-02-07]
>> On Fri, Feb 07, 2014 at 02:41:10PM +0100, Julian Taylor wrote:
>> > I assume this is a python application and not a library?
>>
>> It is an application including some private modules which I like to be
>> compiled into *.pyc.
>
> please install to /usr/share/package-name/ both the library and the
> scripts, then symlink these scripts to /usr/bin - this way you will not
> have to patch anything.
>
> (use /usr/lib/package-name/ if it contains arch-dep. files)

What would then be the recommended way to do so ? debian/install, or is
dh_python* a way to do that ?

May I suggest to update the wiki to reflect such cases, i.e. difference
between application-specific modules or generic library modules.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER