Re: Help with packaging of python executable and its modules

[Andreas Tille, 2014-02-07]
>    /usr/share/pyshared/arden/core

/usr/share/pyshared/ (and /usr/lib/pyshared/) is implementation detail
(it will be removed once python-support is no longer used)

> and tried to patch the executable scripts to say something like
>
> from arden.core import  AnalyseMapping as AM
>
> instead of
>
> from core import  AnalyseMapping as AM
>

> However, it seems I mixed things up a bit since with my approach

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
> ImportError: No module named arden
>
> does not work.
>
> Any hint what might went wrong?  (Feel free to commit directly to
> the Git repository - it is writable for every DD.)

if dh_python2 detects someone installed files directly to
/usr/share/pyshared it creates symlinks in
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages but only if the later one is empty.
I'd check if your dist-package is empty and if you didn't forget to
create namespace (_init__.py file)