Re: Using git-svn and gbp for DPMT - Was: Re: Joining the DPMT and git.debian.org access

Barry Warsaw <barry@debian.org> writes:

> On Jan 14, 2014, at 02:40 PM, Olivier Berger wrote:
>
>>I've used git-buildpackage with git-svn on submodules of the DPMT SVN
>>repo without too many difficulties so far.
>
> git-bp OTOH required a specific set of branches inside the repo to stitch
> everything together and if those were missing, it failed miserably.  I could
> be totally wrong about that, or I could have just been using the tool
> incorrectly.

It more or less requires only 2 branches : upstream (when you
want to track upstream sources) and master (or debian) for the packaging
source.

But for repos of DPMT which won't track upstream code in the SVN, you
only need to manage the debian/ subdir on the master branch which
correspons to the trunk, so that means that git svn clone --std-layout
basically sets things up for you.

Now, if you both want to track upstream sources from origin/master on
local upstream/ branch and svn's trunk on local master branch, then,
yes, a debian/gbp.conf comes handy, and you'll have to do nasty merges
now and then.

In any case, reading
http://honk.sigxcpu.org/projects/git-buildpackage/manual-html/gbp.import.html
more or less covers all the cases I've played with so far, AFAICT.

YMMV ;-)

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER