Re: Recommending get-orig-source for packages ?

Le Wed, Dec 04, 2013 at 11:30:01AM +0100, Jakub Wilk a écrit :
> * Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu>, 2013-12-04, 10:41:
>
> >Well, there was a lenthy discussion, uscan bug, Wiki page trying
> >to summarise everything.  The people who contributed did not
> >brought up your (and Paul's concern) and I guess Charles Plessy
> >would have been in favour of using d/upstream.  I do not think it
> >is my fault if you did not raised you voice when it was time ...
>
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-policy/20130116133513.GA4160@jwilk.net

(actually https://lists.debian.org/20130116133513.GA4160@jwilk.net)

Hi Jakub,

Debian has what its developers implement.  I am sure that if somebody steps up
and does the actual work of implementing a better solution and migrating the
existing information, Andreas will complain.

If out of our thousands of developers, only one person did a work (and is not
in situation of monopoly), then we should not veto the outcome on the basis
that somebody else could have done it better.

Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan