Re: Recommending get-orig-source for packages ?

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 04, 2013 at 09:12:49AM +0100, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> * Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu>, 2013-12-04, 08:43:
> >>uscan to grow features for removing files from upstream
> >>tarballs, in a declarative way preferably.
> >That's in devscripts git and will be included in the next
> >devscripts version. (see [1])
>
> So now you'll have to audit both d/watch and d/copyright before you
> can run uscan. *sigh*

Well, there was a lenthy discussion, uscan bug, Wiki page trying to
summarise everything.  The people who contributed did not brought up
your (and Paul's concern) and I guess Charles Plessy would have been in
favour of using d/upstream.  I do not think it is my fault if you did
not raised you voice when it was time ...

By the way: currently you also have to audit another file in addition to
d/watch if you need to exclude some files.  So the solution is not
actually a step back - it is just more structured now.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de