Re: Recommending get-orig-source for packages ?

On Wed, Dec 04, 2013 at 11:59:33AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:

> uscan to grow features for removing files from upstream tarballs, in a
> declarative way preferably.

That's in devscripts git and will be included in the next devscripts
version. (see [1])

> The default dh get-orig-source to invoke uscan if debian/watch is available.

Is it???

My personal opinion is that only in the cases where uscan is unable to
fetch what we are using as original tarball a get-orig-source target
makes sense.  As far as I read policy this is the specification.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/UscanEnhancements

--