Re: python3.3 status

On Thursday, June 06, 2013 12:46:05 PM Scott Kitterman wrote:

Here's another update based on work I've done, noticed other people did, or
neither notice nor people told me about.  Items marked as fixed in the last
update have been removed.

> On Thursday, May 23, 2013 06:19:06 PM Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > I've been working on this a bit ...
> >
> > On Tuesday, May 07, 2013 02:01:26 PM Jakub Wilk wrote:
> > > python3-defaults maintainer(s?) decided to make python3.3 a supported
> > > version without prior notice. Yay. Now we have dozens of packages
> > > failing to build:

boost1.49 FTBFS TODO (could not find an open bug)
boost1.50 Resolved - package has been removed.
> > > cairosvg FTBFS, needs fixed py3cairo

distribute Fixed.

> > > flufl.bounce FTBFS #707086, needs new zope.interface

germinate Fine now

> > > hivex FTBFS fixed, but still doesn't generate dependencies right #709516
> > > libguestfs FTBFS TODO

mdp Fine now.
mpi4py OK
nuitka FTBFS unrepoducible
objgraph Fixed now
pyepr builds successfully, but puts dbg extensions into wrong package:
#708011
pyfits binNMUed successfully
pyopencl FTBFS, #711926

> > > pyside FTBFS  TODO

pystemmer OK
python-apt Fixed
python-astropy Builds fine, but doesn't actually put the python3 build in a
binary.

> > > python-cffi FTBFS TODO
> > > python-csb FTBFS TODO
> > > python-distutils-extra FTBFS needs rebuilt pygobject

python-llfuse OK
python-numpy Fixed in unstable
python-scipy FTBFS with new Cython/Numpy: #707315  Needs new, new cython which
is ready in svn

> > > python-stem  FTBFS TODO
> > > python-wadllib FTBFS #686332
> > > shiboken FTBFS TODO
> > > yapsy FTBFS TODO

yp-svipc fixed - binNMUed
zope.interface - Needs update to 4.0.2 or later, needs updated zope.exceptions
zope.exceptions needs updated to 4.0.1
morse-simulator - Builds, but depends are FUBAR: #712014

Many of the FTBFS packages above could probably stand to be rebuilt again to
see if they build now (most of the ones I've tried do).

Getting zope.interface/exceptions updated would be helpful as well, but seems
to need sponsoring.  Arnaud Fontaine is looking into this.

All of the red in http://release.debian.org/transitions/html/python3.3.html is
due to open bugs (except pyside, I didn't get to look at that yet).  The
binNMUs that could be done after python-numpy was uploaded are done except
those blocked by bugs.  It would still be worth doing some investigation of
the unknown packages to see if they are generating dependencies correctly.

Scott K