Re: RFS: python-keyring 1.4-1

On 2013-06-11 18:47:12, Dmitry Shachnev wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 10:05 PM, Sebastian Ramacher
> <sramacher@debian.org> wrote:
> > If nobody beats me to it, I'll take a look at it later next weak. Did
> > you have a look at the open bugs? Also, 1.0 dropped support for the
> > auto-conversion of pre-0.9 Crypto based backends. Although wheezy has
> > the code to convert the the storage, I think it'd be a good idea to
> > at least mention the fact in NEWS.Debian and maybe also provide a script
> > to convert old keyrings.
>
> Done (though needs someone else to test it, as discussed in IRC).

I'd put the script in /usr/share/doc/python-keyring or
/usr/share/python-keyring. There's no need to put it in /usr/bin. Also,
I wouldn't copy the the master password from the old keyring to the new one. If
the user already created a new Crypto keyring with a different password,
this would destroy it. I'd also make it more explicit when asking for
the password that it's the password for the old keyring.

> Note that it fails to build when python3-secretstorage is installed
> (see upstream #102), but there is no problem when you are building in
> chroot.

So either
 - get ImportKiller fixed,
 - disable ImportKiller based tests for Python 3.3 for now or
 - add python3-secretstorage and python3-gi to Build-Conflicts.

What's the status of all the other tests? Many tests are skipped because
of missing dependencies.

The version from PyPI is versioned as 1.4. The version from bitbucket as
1.4dev. 1.4dev is not PEP 386 compatible version and breaks anything
having a requirment on keyring >= 1.4 in setup.py or using
pkg_resources.require:

| Traceback (most recent call last):
|   File "<input>", line 1, in <module>
|   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 696, in require
|     needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
|   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 598, in resolve
|     raise VersionConflict(dist,req) # XXX put more info here
| VersionConflict: (keyring 1.4dev (/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages), Requirement.parse('keyring>=1.4'))

Regards
--
Sebastian Ramacher