Re: python3.3 status

On Wednesday, June 12, 2013 12:48:45 AM Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Thursday, June 06, 2013 12:46:05 PM Scott Kitterman wrote:

More updates and added all the "unknown" packages from the transition tracker.
Items marked as fixed in the last update have been removed.

> > On Thursday, May 23, 2013 06:19:06 PM Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > > I've been working on this a bit ...

> boost1.49 FTBFS TODO (could not find an open bug)

cairosvg Builds now -

> flufl.bounce FTBFS #707086, needs new zope.interface
> hivex FTBFS fixed, but still doesn't generate dependencies right #709516

libguestfs  - No longer FTBFS, only builds for default python3, will need
binNMU after python3.3 is default

> nuitka FTBFS unrepoducible
> pyepr builds successfully, but puts dbg extensions into wrong package:
> #708011
> pyopencl FTBFS, #711926
> pyside FTBFS  TODO
> python-astropy Builds fine, but doesn't actually put the python3 build in a
> binary, no impact on the transition
> python-cffi FTBFS TODO
> python-csb FTBFS TODO
> python-distutils-extra FTBFS needs rebuilt pygobject
> python-scipy FTBFS with new Cython/Numpy: #707315  Needs new, new cython
> which is ready in svn
> python-stem  FTBFS TODO
> python-wadllib FTBFS #686332

shiboken Fixed.

> yapsy FTBFS TODO
> zope.interface - Needs update to 4.0.2 or later, needs updated
> zope.exceptions zope.exceptions needs updated to 4.0.1
zope.component update to 3.11.0 due to code shifted between interface and
component.

> morse-simulator - Builds, but depends are FUBAR: #712014
>
> Many of the FTBFS packages above could probably stand to be rebuilt again to
> see if they build now (most of the ones I've tried do).
>
> Getting zope.interface/exceptions updated would be helpful as well, but
> seems to need sponsoring.  Arnaud Fontaine is looking into this.
>
> All of the red in http://release.debian.org/transitions/html/python3.3.html
> is due to open bugs (except pyside, I didn't get to look at that yet).  The
> binNMUs that could be done after python-numpy was uploaded are done except
> those blocked by bugs.  It would still be worth doing some investigation of
> the unknown packages to see if they are generating dependencies correctly.

Here's the other unknown packages:

boost1.53  - builds, but doesn't generate python related depends right
file 	- No effect on the transition #709269
liblouis - Shouldn't be part of the transition, build-dep is wrong #712076
libsigrokdecode
postgresql-9.1
pycxx - Will need sourceful update after python3.3 is default
pymongo
sqlalchemy
subunit
yafaray
znc
magics++ - No python3 content in the binaries, no effect on transition
pygrib - Doesn't actually build python3 packages yet, no effect on transition.
uwsgi

The list is getting smaller ...

Scott K