Re: python3.3 status

On Thursday, May 23, 2013 06:19:06 PM Scott Kitterman wrote:
> I've been working on this a bit ...
>
> On Tuesday, May 07, 2013 02:01:26 PM Jakub Wilk wrote:
> > python3-defaults maintainer(s?) decided to make python3.3 a supported
> > version without prior notice. Yay. Now we have dozens of packages
> > failing to build:
> >
> > boost1.49 FTBFS TODO
> > boost1.50 FTBFS TODO
> > cairosvg FTBFS, needs fixed py3cairo
cssutils  - Fixed
> > distribute FTBFS TODO
> > flufl.bounce FTBFS #707086, needs new zope.interface
> > germinate FTBFS, needs fixed python-apt
> hivex FTBFS fixed, but still doesn't generate dependencies right #709516
> > libguestfs FTBFS TODO
> > mdp FTBFS, needs fixed python-numpy
mod-wsgi, Now fixed
> > mpi4py needs fixed cython
> > nuitka FTBFS TODO
> > objgraph FTBFS #686331
> > pyepr needs fixed cython
> > pyfits FTBFS, needs fixed python-numpy
pymarkups - Fixed
> > pyopencl FTBFS, needs fixed boost1.49
> > pyside FTBFS  TODO
> > pystemmer needs fixed cython
pytest - Fixed
> > python-apt FTBFS #681744
> > python-astropy needs fixed cython
> > python-cffi FTBFS TODO
> > python-csb FTBFS TODO
> > python-distutils-extra FTBFS needs rebuilt pygobject
python-docutils - Fixed
python-flexmock - Fixed
> > python-llfuse needs fixed cython
python-notify2  - Fixed
> python-numpy Fixed in experimental + SVN
> > python-scipy needs fixed cython, then likely FTBFS #691254
> > python-stem  FTBFS TODO
> > python-wadllib FTBFS #686332
> > shiboken FTBFS TODO
> > yapsy FTBFS TODO
> > yp-svipc FTBFS, needs fixed python-numpy
zope.interface - Needs update to 4.0.2 or later

> > "FTBFS TODO" means that a package fails to build, but there's no bug
> > filed yet. I plan to file bugs today or tomorrow, unless there are
> > other volunteers to do it.

I've updated this list by removing ones that were reported fixed in the last
mail I sent and then updating again based on responses to it.

mpi4py, pyepr, pystemmer,  python-llfuse, python-scipy, and python-astropy all
needed a fixed cython, which is now available.  It would be nice if someone
would check those.

Getting zope.interface updated would be helpful as well, but seems to need
sponsoring.  If someone has some sponsoring cycles available, please have a
look.

Most of the red in http://release.debian.org/transitions/html/python3.3.html
can be binNMUed after python-numpy is uploaded (promised this weekend, AIUI).
It would be worth doing some investigation of the unknown packages to see if
they are generating dependencies correctly.

Any other progress?  Did anyone file bugs for jwilk's FTBFS TODO packages?

Scott K