Re: About canonical Vcs fields

Thanks for bringing up this subject.

* Dmitry Shachnev <mitya57@gmail.com>, 2013-03-14, 17:56:
So let's do a quick poll:

[1a] I used anonscm.debian.org, and like it.
[1b] I used svn.debian.org, but like the new URIs and will switch.

[2a] I used svn.debian.org, don't like the new URIs but I don't mind switching.
[2b] I used svn.debian.org, and will continue to use it, lintian should allow that.
[2c] I used anonscm.debian.org, but don't like it.

I use svn.d.o everywhere, I don't like the new ones. However, the thing I don't like much more is inconsistency: some packages use svn.d.o, some anonscm.d.o, and some mixture of the two... Ugh. I don't mind switching if we switch everything at once. I'm happy to make the mass-commit if there's consensus that this is the right to do.

The main reason I wanted this sorted out is that currently lintian4python gives suggestions regarding Vcs-* that are inconsistent with what Lintian proper considers "correct":
https://bitbucket.org/jwilk/lintian4python/src/0.16/checks/python/teams

--
Jakub Wilk