About canonical Vcs fields

Hi,

We discussed new lintian vcs-field-not-canonical check in IRC last week,
which affects *lots* of packages in our SVN (see [¹]). Now people are
recommended to use `svn://anonscm.debian.org/*` URIs instead of
`svn://svn.debian.org/*`, but it seems that it's not what most packages
use at the moment.

So let's do a quick poll:

[1a] I used anonscm.debian.org, and like it.
[1b] I used svn.debian.org, but like the new URIs and will switch.

[2a] I used svn.debian.org, don't like the new URIs but I don't mind switching.
[2b] I used svn.debian.org, and will continue to use it, lintian should allow that.
[2c] I used anonscm.debian.org, but don't like it.

(I hope I've covered all options, let me know if there is something not
listed above. If you had different packages that used different URIs,
vote for the variant that applies to the biggest part of your packages.)

If the second group will win, we should consider asking lintian
developers to remove that check (at least partially, i.e. allow both
options but not allow everything else).

My own vote: [2a].

[¹]: http://lintian.debian.org/tags/vcs-field-not-canonical.html

--