Re: How does team maintenace of python module works?

On Feb 19, 2013 11:21 PM, "Barry Warsaw" <barry@python.org> wrote:

> On Feb 19, 2013, at 09:42 PM, Thomas Kluyver wrote:
>
> >After that it gets tricky, because we'd knock E out next, but the I'm not
> >sure where the votes counted for E (Scott & Barry) should be reallocated.
>
> If it makes things easier, I am essentially sided with Piotr.  The fact that I
> don't like git much is immaterial - I want a dvcs and don't have the time to
> put into a bzr or hg migration.  I don't have time to put into a git migration
> either, but it seems like you've got that covered. :)
>
> So I still think it comes down to, them that does the work gets to decide, but
> there *is* work to do.  It's clear we don't want multiple vcses.  So I think
> you have an opportunity to convince us by:
>
> * Doing a test migration and putting a test repo up so we can play with it and
>   see what it's like.

I can do that this week-end. I've only a github account to publish the git repository, unless somebody else has an access for a better place? For a test, I think that github is enough.

A tool that we could use in the future to maintain the packages with more ease: https://honk.sigxcpu.org/piki/projects/git-buildpackage/