Re: How does team maintenace of python module works?

On 19 February 2013 23:49, Ludovic Gasc <gmludo@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 19, 2013 11:21 PM, "Barry Warsaw" <barry@python.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Feb 19, 2013, at 09:42 PM, Thomas Kluyver wrote:
>>

> I can do that this week-end. I've only a github account to publish the git
> repository, unless somebody else has an access for a better place? For a
> test, I think that github is enough.

Using github would be against the basic principles laid out in the
Debian Social Contract.
While gitorious hosted solution, would be ok it reimplements the git
server & protocol and hence lacks many features.
It is best to continue to use excellent hosting facilities provided by
git.debian.org / alioth.debian.org.
One can create repositories in a home directory (please don't use
official team account / group names) which would be good enough for
maintainance.

Having an gerrit instance would help a lot to serve merge requests
functionality.

Regards,

Dmitrijs.