Re: Third round of advise on packaging python-csb

On Dec 10, 2012, at 02:33 PM, Bradley M. Froehle wrote:

>Interesting, the LibraryStyleGuide [1] suggests a plain `=` and the
>AppStyleGuide [2] suggests `:=`.  (The difference of course is that `=`
>does delayed evaluation meaning the command is run once for every time the
>variable is needed, and `:=` does immediate evaluation meaning the command
>is run only once when the variable is set.

I'm nearly positive not much thought went into those choices - they were
probably cargo-culted along the way.  I don't have a strong opinion about what
should be used since I doubt the optimization would be noticed, but let's do
at least make them consistent.

Cheers,
-Barry