Re: Third round of advise on packaging python-csb

Interesting, the LibraryStyleGuide [1] suggests a plain `=` and the AppStyleGuide [2] suggests `:=`.  (The difference of course is that `=` does delayed evaluation meaning the command is run once for every time the variable is needed, and `:=` does immediate evaluation meaning the command is run only once when the variable is set.

Naively I would have always reached for `:=`, but I think you are correct that `=` would be slightly cheaper in that the variable is not used every time it is processed by make.

[1]: http://wiki.debian.org/Python/LibraryStyleGuide
[2]: http://wiki.debian.org/Python/AppStyleGuide

Two comments:

PYVERS :=  $(shell pyversions -r)
PY3VERS := $(shell py3versions -r)

Using simple "=" instead of ":=" should be cheaper.