Re: Third round of advise on packaging python-csb

* Tomás Di Domenico <tdido@tdido.com.ar>, 2012-12-09, 22:27:
I have also tried my hand at generating a Python3 binary package, which seems to be working. I would appreciate if someone could take a look at the debian/rules file and tell me how to improve it. I'm sure my very simple version is not doing all that can/should be done.

Two comments:

PYVERS :=  $(shell pyversions -r)
PY3VERS := $(shell py3versions -r)

Using simple "=" instead of ":=" should be cheaper.

.PHONY: override_dh_auto_clean
override_dh_auto_clean:
      set -e; \
      for py in $(PYVERS) $(PY3VERS); do \
              $$py -B setup.py clean; \
              rm -rf build; \
      done

"rm -rf build" inside the loop looks weird... Shouldn't it be outside it? Anyway, if you called "setup.py clean" with the -a option, then removing build shouldn't be needed.

--
Jakub Wilk