Re: how to take a public package private?

On 30/04/12 17:29, Paul Elliott wrote:
> I want to move the python package openastromod to a private
> location.
>
> My package, (openastro.org) before modification, when it is still
> creating a public python package, creates: (from dpkg-query -L
> openastro.org)
>
> /usr/share/pyshared/openastromod
> /usr/share/pyshared/openastromod/__init__.py
(etc.)

Thanks for providing a concrete example.

> or where should the various files be moved to?

I'd install them with names like this:

/usr/share/openastro.org/openastromod/__init__.py
/usr/share/openastro.org/openastromod/swiss.py
(etc.)

and in the application that needs them, add '/usr/share/openastro.org'
to the sys.path before you "import openastromod" (or whatever).

> I am not sure what to do with the pyshared directory or the correct
> place for the python2.x/dist-packages/openastromod/* files.

I don't think those are relevant for a private Python package. The
symlinks in .../python2.x/* aren't needed because your application
only needs to run under one version of Python (presumably the default
one).