Re: autopkgtest'ing against multiple Python versions

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 10:33:24PM +0200, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> 3) Provide one test that is run against all installed versions
> (pyversions -i):
>
> 	Tests: test-installed
> 	Depends: python-pet-module
>
> This is a variant of 2 which is more friendly to users who can't or
> don't want to install extra packages. It's also less useful for
> users who would install test dependencies automatically anyway
> (since then  you do want to install python-all). This issue could be
> fixed if autopkgtest supported weak dependencies, e.g.:
>
> 	Tests: test-installed
> 	Depends: python-pet-module
> 	Recommends: python-all

This is the way we did it in the zope.* packages.

But, as an observer, I'm puzzled by 2 things:

    * How are you actually running the tests with adt-run. Did you
      actually setup a testbed, or is there now an easy way to run the
      tests?
    * Do you run the tests against the code installed via the .deb
      package or on the code in the unpacked source?

--
Brian Sutherland