Re: warning: symbol PyLong_FromUnsignedLong...

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 7:42 PM, Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> wrote:
> * Mathieu Malaterre <malat@debian.org>, 2012-04-12, 12:32:

>>> No, most of Python extension modules don't suffer from it.
>>

>> I am not pointing finger at anyone, but this issue is present in other
>> package.
>>
>> $ find /usr/lib/pyshared/python2.6/ -name \*.so -exec readelf -d {} \;
>> | grep SONAME | wc
>>    73     365    5333
>>
>> After all this is a great that it was added to PTS :)
>

> The latest lintian4python (0+20120412) will emit a pedantic tag for such
> packages.

Cool !

> BTW, does anybody know how to stop libtool from adding SONAME? I would
> expect that "-module -avoid-version" does that, but it's not the case.

Same question for cmake [1]. I am tempted to simply fill a bug against
cmake/debian package. CMake supports the notion of module, but still
add the -Wl,-soname switch to those.

> Or, alternatively: is there a way to remove SONAME from an existing library?

I have been searching for such tool also. I found chrpath which use
the low level read_elf() API to manipulate .so, but I could not find
anything else.

-M
[1] http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2012-April/049874.html