Re: RFS: DPMT: flufl.lock 2.1.1-1

[Barry Warsaw, 2011-09-09]
> On Sep 08, 2011, at 11:37 PM, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:
> >[Barry Warsaw, 2011-09-08]
> >>
> >> I'm not getting this one now.  Maybe it's due to the other changes I'm about
> >> to commit.  Please let me know if you still get this.
> >
> >yep, NEWS.txt.gz is now a symlink to changelog.gz
> >thanks to dh_installchangelogs' "-k flufl/lock/NEWS.txt" option in your
> >debian/rules
>
> I'm still not getting this one, so I don't know what to do about it.

"-k flufl/lock/NEWS.txt" is the fix, that's why you don't get it anymore

> >new problems (or the ones I missed last time):
> >* documentation files (*.txt *and* conf.py file) are now in dist-packages
>
> I think that's fine.  All the flufl.* packages have both unittests and
> doctests.  The doctests are in the .txt files, but they have to be accessible
> via sys.path, which answers your question below.  flufl.lock.docs must be a
> package directory, but the only .py file it contains is __init__.py.  I
> personally want to include the test suite in the package, and anyway it
> doesn't add anything appreciable to the size of the package.

using.txt contains doctests, NEWS.txt and README.txt do not. They're installed
in /usr/share/doc/python-flufl.lock/html/_sources/ anyway so why do you want to
duplicate them in a directory that is meant for Python modules?

> The conf.py file is used to generate the Sphinx docs from the doctests.  I
> don't see any value in just leaving it there; it doesn't collide with anything
> else.

it's not useful at runtime, please don't diverge from upstream. Upstreams are
not happy when we do that... ;-P

> >* flufl.lock-2.1.1-nspkg.pth is not really needed (I think I will add an
> >  option to dh_python2 to remove .pth files, I cannot do that by
> >  default, though)
>
> This is an artifact of `python setup.py install-egg-info`.  Is it harmful to
> leave it there?  Personally I don't care about it.

it's not harmful, but without this file, we'll gain few miliseconds at
runtime and few bytes in the archive, so why not make it the right way
and remove it?

I'd add these lines to debian/python-flufl.lock.pyremove:

*.pth
flufl/lock/conf.py
flufl/lock/README.txt
flufl/lock/NEWS.txt