Re: Package for multiple Python versions

On 09/10/2011 05:04 PM, Mitar wrote:
> What I have done is installed Python 2.7 from wheezy so that package
> would be build for Python in stable (2.6) and for 2.7 (unstable,
> Ubuntu).

Unfortunately, that is not how building for multiple distributions works.

You need to have a separate build environment for each distribution. You
then build binary packages for each distribution from your one source
package, which you normally develop using the "unstable" distribution.
The reason for this is that your build environment affects the resulting
binary package in various ways, one of them being the generated
dependencies, which is why you are seeing strange things below.

I wanted to give the build a brief look but your package FTBFS in
unstable due to a missing OpenGL-related build dependency, could you check?

Regards,
Christian